Sturgeon Bay Soccer Club, Incorporated (SBSC)
Statement of Philosophy
The Sturgeon Bay Soccer Club Program is a soccer development program. Which exists to provide opportunities for students in grades 5 - 8 to develop their individual soccer skills, their ability to work as part of a team, their understanding of good sportsmanship, their stamina, character, and self-esteem in a competitive situation.
The Sturgeon Bay Soccer Club Program is a coed program open to all 5th - 8th-grade students who live in the Sturgeon Bay School District that either attend T.J. Walker, a parochial school, Southern Door or are homeschooled.
• Each player must have an up to date WIAA Physical Athletic Permit card, or a WIAA alternate Year Athletic Permit Card, and provide the club with a copy. Signed and dated copies of Emergency Information, Release of Liability and Consent for Medical Treatment forms must also be submitted. Players will not be able to practice or participate in games without these documents on file.
• All players must have regulation soccer shoes and shin guards. Shin guards must be covered completely by soccer socks during play.
• During the season all players will be responsible for team issued jersey and shorts that will be returned to the club at the end of the season.
• The club will provide game balls.
• Each player needs a bottle of water to keep hydrated at all practices and games!
Playing time on the Sturgeon Bay Soccer Club Program teams are based on the following criteria:
Skills of the individual player
Attendance at practices and games
Drive for team goals and objectives.
Every player may not receive equal playing time in all games.
Discipline and Restrictions
In keeping with WIAA rules, all team members must maintain passing grades in all courses in order to practice or play. SCHOOL COMES FIRST! There is also a high expectation that team members maintain good citizenship and behavior at school, at home, and in the community. Players must attend all practices and comply with the direction of the coaching staff.
Transportation to and From Games
Transportation will not be provided by SBSC. Each players family is responsible for obtaining transportation to and from all games and practices.
The information that you need to have your child be a successful member of the SBSC has been provided here. Please be sure that your child understands what to bring and where to be. Any changes will be noted on our website, so please make a point to check it weekly. www.sbsoccerclub.org Please address any concerns to the coach or the team manager so that miscommunications can be cleared up directly and any problems solved quickly.
We'll practice and play games unless it is lightning. Decisions will be made at the time of the event.
Last updated: 02/20/19 09:00pm